Sample Automation: TEXT MASTER – AUTOMATICALLY change even VARYING text HOWEVER YOU LIKE
The TEXT MASTER allows an unlimited variety of AUTOMATIC text modifications: You can REPLACE or DELETE, MOVE, or COPY and INSERT any FIXED or VARYING(!) text in ANY location of the source text, and in unlimited documents – at the touch of a button!
Think of the well-known REPLACE feature that became famous with Microsoft Office – and give it an exponent of maybe 6 – that’s how much more powerful the TEXT MASTER is, and how much easier to use too (if you know the “Special Character” rules and limitations in MS Word, you know what I mean).
Functionality of the TEXT MASTER in detail:
- You can REPLACE any FIXED or VARYING(!) source text with FIXED or VARYING(!) replacement text
- This means you don’t need to know your entire replacement text (let alone your entire source text!)
- If you REPLACE any VARYING text with other VARYING text, the replacement text will automatically adapt to the source text!
- Of course, you can also DELETE any FIXED or VARYING source text
- More so, you can MOVE any FIXED or VARYING(!) text from any location to any other FIXED or VARYING target location!
- You can also MOVE any FIXED or VARYING(!) text at a certain location WITHIN many blocks of similar or even IDENTICAL text or code
- You can even COPY any FIXED or VARYING(!) text and INSERT it at multiple other FIXED or VARYING target locations!
- You can use a MASK character like the asterisk * (or any other!) to mask an UNKNOWN NUMBER of UNKNOWN CHARACTERS in the source text – in as many places as you like
- You can also use the MASK character in any of your modifications, ie allowing them to VARY as well!
- Your modifications may spread across multiple lines, ie they may DEPEND on prior and/or subsequent lines of text!
- Your source text may comprise all types of text, including programming code
- You can easily monitor which documents have been affected, because any affected documents will be RECREATED in a new subfolder
- You will see a PREVIEW of the first affected document, and only if you CONFIRM the changes made the source texts will be modified
- You can then let the TEXT MASTER perform another round of text modifications in ALL initially selected documents
- Of course, you can choose if you want the text modifications to be case-sensitive or case-INsensitive
The TEXT MASTER provides an incredible power to do AUTOMATICALLY what could otherwise take you hours, days, or months of manual text changes. And, unlike any other text manipulation software on the market, the TEXT MASTER does all this with the simplest syntax ever: just 3 MODIFIER characters (which you can even freely choose). The default is:
- * MASKS any text (ie an unknown number of unknown characters), and it can be used in both the TEXT TO MODIFY (where it DISREGARDS existing source text) and in your MODIFICATION TEXT (where it RETAINS existing source text)
- ~ MOVES any text between two MOVE ~ characters
- | Marks the TARGET LOCATION of text you want to MOVE or COPY
1, 2, 3 – that’s it! – Now, it is only logical to use ~| in sequence when you want to COPY text, because you INSERT it (or rather LEAVE it) at its origin too!
So, with just 3 characters the TEXT MASTER is able to make any text modifications I ever needed (and that has been a lot!) – It can’t get any simpler than this. In fact, the functionality, flexibility, speed, and ease of use of the TEXT MASTER has no rival.
The TEXT MASTER will use your default text (.txt) editor to display your SOURCE TEXT, the PREVIEW, and the RESULT.
The following comprehensive text modification example has been taken live from this website – see the Actions Comparison Table which first had the Automation Software Providers in the order:
Only a bit later when I added RoboTask, I realized that I needed to MOVE all text and formatting of the WinAutomation column further left, and all text and formatting of the Automation Anywhere column to the end on the right, in order to get the sequence:
No tool was able to do this text manipulation! Eg copying & pasting from and to MS Excel always messed up the formatting. WordPress Plugins like Tiny MCE Advanced couldn’t do it either. Nothing worked satisfactorily.
Earlier I had already built some text tools, but not so sophisticated as to MOVE and COPY some VARYING text from one location to another, hundreds of times, automatically. This was how the TEXT MASTER was born.
So, how did it work using the TEXT MASTER?
Source text (part 1):
Source text (part 2):
… and hundreds of similar blocks of text! (see left) …
- Note that in this source text there are hundreds of VERY SIMILAR (and sometimes identical!) blocks of text, and we want to MOVE text from one LOCATION to another WITHIN each such text block (here HTML table rows)
- Also note that the text we want to MOVE may be IDENTICAL to other text (eg see part 1)!
TEXT TO MODIFY:
Here we have entered all modification information in a single input (in other situations we may prefer to split it).
Each MASK character (here we chose the default: *) represents an UNKNOWN NUMBER of UNKNOWN CHARACTERS, ie VARYING text. Note that both MOVE ~ characters and the LOCATION | character are delimited by FIXED text: linebreak and <
Here we want to move the linebreak as well, else we would put the second MOVE character ~ on the same line. We choose to move one text line (html table column) DOWN (or right) – alternatively we could move two text lines (html table columns) UP (or left). You could also use many alternatives to MASK the text that work as well!
New text (part 1):
New text (part 2):
… and hundreds of similar blocks of text! (see left) …
This is just one example. I haven’t yet had a situation that was too challenging. – The TEXT MASTER can handle all text modifications automatically! Across as many documents as you need. And faster than an ambulance can navigate red traffic lights!
Applications of the TEXT MASTER are endless. Personally, I now use this Wizard a lot for website content creation, both normal text and code (eg html, css, etc).
I guess, other areas where the TEXT MASTER must be of huge benefit are the Publishing sector, Journalism, the Media, Authors, Libraries, TV script services, the Linguistic sector (any language, how cool!), Law, and of course the Education sector.
Any questions – Please use the simple contact form top-right. NO SPAM! Thanks.
Source file: waj – 756 Actions (incl. Comments)
Automation file: exe – 1,116 KB
Zip-package: TEXT MASTER.exe, Config.txt, README_First.txt, User Manual: Syntax and Examples for TEXT MASTER.pdf, 6 Example txt files
This edition of the TEXT MASTER is intended for its proliferation. Therefore it additionally comprises the following features that have also been BUILT using existing standard ACTIONS of the AUTOMATION SOFTWARE SYSTEM (in this case WinAutomation):
- 30 days free trial period – You can even extend this! Just leave your User Feedback below (using your Full Name)
- Security and Integrity checks – These ensure that the TEXT MASTER package you got (from anywhere) is UNmodified and complete!
- Licensing – Your TEXT MASTER automatically becomes a registered version upon payment of the tiny price
- Auto Update and Auto Upgrade – Whenever I build an improved version, you will automatically get it too – So, DO LEAVE FEEDBACK.
Price: just $14.95 (Single User Licences only) – Free Trial Available (see below)
To download the free trial version of the TEXT MASTER now, please click the button: